Monday, June 9, 2014

God's Got this!

It's been a while since I have written, so much has happened good and bad but I thank the Lord that all things are working together for my good.

I have called the last several months of my life "The perfect storm" a combination of events that to the world might seem devastating ...overwhelming and defeating! But with the Lord everything is different. Hopeful & victorious!


Matthew 14:29-32

29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.
31 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”
32 When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped.

As I thought about Peter being called out on the water to go to Jesus, the Lord showed me how the storm I was in was nothing He could not rescue me from or restore fully. If I looked around at my circumstances the fear ...the unknown...the danger would overcome me with despair and unbelief {which is sin}and I would begin to sink, but as long as I kept my eyes and focus on Jesus taking confident steps towards Him trusting and believing Him, I would not falter or be overcome. Instead peace would be my constant companion and grace would cover me like gentle waves...that I would float upon.  But if I did look down or around all I have to do is cry out to Him and He is right there to pick me up :) Amen!

The Lord is faithful to remind me daily through many different ways that He's Got this! He will never leave or forsake me!

Deuteronomy 31:8

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

1 Peter 5:7

casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you

The Lord has been so faithful to me ..that I can say with JOY that even in the Storm I can praise Him! I am thankful for these days in the Valley only because they have brought me so much closer to Jesus and I wouldn't trade one moment of His precious presence.  

My prayer is that I continue to walk worthy of His calling and that He would be glorified through my life story.


No comments:

Post a Comment